Sunday, February 3, 2008

Mister Seventeen, I want some Lizzie Dukes

There's a little charity shop I regularly go to. It always stocks the most amazing ammounts of cheap jewelry. I mean nothing negative by the word cheap since I've found most of my treasured jewellery there. However, there's always loads of chains that definitely fall on the tacky range. Being as cheap as they are and considering my love for ugly things, I can never leave them behind. But as they say, there's always room for improvement and the following are the two simplest ways I've found to do so.

BIG FAT RIBBON
This is a classic mock gold chain. As favoured by many kids who hang out at my local Mc. Donald's.
I just attached a big fat ribbon on the bottom and ta-da!
I would definitely opt for dark colours since what I'm trying to do is tune down the shiny-ness. I normally wear this necklace when I wear the whole shirt and blazer masculine thing, giving a hint towards a bow-tie.

HANDKERCHIEF

You'll need a hankie or small scarf, the colour/print of your choice! For mine I picked a hankie with a pretty chestnut print that I don't really use that much.
1.-
Wrap the handkerchief around your wrist, making a cuff that you can remove.
2.- Wrap the chain around the cuff you made, clasp it and then wear it! :)

So next time you see a tacky gold chain for 10p, go on and give it some sweet luving bruuv. BRAPAGE.

No comments: