Sunday, February 10, 2008

senhor vinte sete, tá na hora de brincar


When I was little, me and my mother would go to Brazil all the time. I loved (and still do) love that place, specially Sao Paulo. Back in those days, Xuxa was the biggest thing ever for children my age.


I remember getting my first pair of jelly shoes from her children's footwear line and never wearing anything else. They were perfect for rainy Sao Paulo but of course, by the end of the day my feet would smell really bad, which wasn't a good thing considering the hotel me and my mum stayed in had no air con!

Fastforwarding to today, a little trip to Peacocks provided me with some cheap jelly shoes!

When I put them on, I am instantly reminded of the Antarctica soft drinks, the coconuts I would drink, the endless amounts of Turma da Monica comics and the trips to their theme park. The hot dogs boiled in onion, day trips to Campos do Jordao, the Simba Safari Park and of course, the beloved Praca da Republica.

ilari lari lari e
o o o

No comments: