Monday, February 25, 2008

mister thirty-three, bite me.

Lovely dress the one above, huh? Really pretty... but think twice, once you get hooked... it will bring out the worst in you. It got me to the point of dress-stalking... a chapter I'd like to forget...

Topshop decided to play the misterious card with it, what with random prices (ranging from modest £30 to appaling £100) appearing in different magazines and an unknown sale date (a topshop girl actually suggested it would be out in 2 months...!).

With my birthday creeping up on me, matters had to be taken into my own hands. A browse in London's Beyond Retro last last Wednesday provided the floral dress, unfortunately there's no before picture since I went chopping as soon as I could. Trust me though, old lady floral dress it was! Some chop-chopping and amateur stitching later:


I know, it's practically a copy of the Topshop one but I really liked the design. What I did was chop off half the skirt part of the dress and then make a mini-skirt out of it with elastic. So basically I've got a dress/top, a skirt and well, there's no tutu... it really is just tulle fabric attached with safety pins.
Was an amazing party dress though, I felt like one of those wedding cakes with loads of sugar flowers on them.


So yeah! who needs topshop anyway?? huuuuuuuuuuh??!!!

4 comments:

Selina (Flying Saucer) said...

what a FAB skirt- i'm loving all the big florals too! i'm hunting high and low for a floral skirt that's not thin and cheap looking with a brash print. i love yours, a skirt is more versatile than a dress

WendyB said...

What an awesome find. Nice work!

Kirsten said...

This dress has also reduced me to topshop dress stalking, I want it! x

Penny said...

selina and wendyb: thx for the compliments! I do think that the camera did a good job hiding some serious amateur stitching, but somehow it has holded up well in all the outings it has had :)

kiki: haha, that's the nickname I call my best friend! and good luck with the stalking! I'm back to facebook stalking which if not healthier, is at least more productive hehe.