Wednesday, January 30, 2008

mister twelve, this is what to do with your extra tulle :)

After pretty much combing the ebay world for the perfect tutu and not being satisfied, I ended up making my own. I will not go into details of this since there's probably enough info out there to make your own tutu in 300 different ways (just a wild guess).

However, I bought 20 metres of the tulle net thing so ... I've got some extra. Actually... quite a lot of extra. While combing my image archive I found the two following ideas on how to rid myself of those extra meters.

First off a very nice little collar thing. Kinda clownish but still very girly. I'm thinking of adding a bit more tulle on the front... so I can tuck it inside a jumper and look very Mr. Darcy. Or not. Actually... not, that might be my worst idea ever. Apologies Coco Rocha, I shall stick to you.

Another thing might be this underlayer 3/4 sleeve top. My tulle is not as soft as this one looks but why not give it a try?

Oh well, if all fails I can always drape it all over my room, the common kitchen and toilets. Heck, why stop there? Might as well cover my hall's administrative offices with it as well.

EDIT: Found this pretty little dress on style.com ... I think that making this would be rather difficult but with 12 metres of tulle I think there's a lot of fabric for trial and error. Still, I'd rather wait till I get my sewing machine...

No comments: