Tuesday, February 5, 2008

mister twenty, you must be my lucky star.

Since lectures finished early today, me and my beloved bike went out on a date to a lovely town 3 miles from where I live. We are just beginning to know each other so we are taking things slowly. I left him well locked up so he could rest and decided to have a walk around to see what the town had to offer. After much pondering about I came across the high street and the oh so glorious ammount of charity shops to be explored/ravaged!! And boy did the ravaging lead to good finds! I haven't had such a good thrifting day in aaaages.

First there was Mind (for better mental health) and it was overflowing with designer things.
1) Red vintage Versace coat. 2) Vintage Escada blouse. 3) Aquascutum coat.

I left quite a share of designer items behind since I felt evil by getting all the goods. Then I found a sari which I intend to wear in two different ways.


First will be the skirt part, which is INCREDIBLY long and considering I'm only 5 feet tall then yep, I think it can be used as a long flowy dress resembling the one in Lanvin.

Then for the actual body part, I'm chopping the puffy sleeves off and using it as a sort of overcoat to lift up simple outfits. But before I do all this, I shall dress up in the whole sari and surprise my indian flatmate when she comes back from wherever she went to.

Of course, there were many other finds. But I think I've been selfish enough by giving a long narration of my shopping day.

No comments: