Wednesday, March 19, 2008

mister thirty-seven, my love drifts a little...

Many people know the wonders of charity shopping, mainly the browsing that then gives to finds such as a gorgeous vintage dress for £3. It then becomes the most special treasure since it was meant for one and for one alone... or at least that's what I like to think when I find something special...
Yesterday I went back with my bike to the lovely town I went to last time
. Of course, many wonderful things were found... but the thing that absolutely made my day was the following:


When I went inside the shop I started browsing through the teddies and the lady who was putting them together smiled and said "It's a teddy bear picnic!". Apparently they had received a massive donation of teddies and decided that instead of shoving them all in a basket like most charity shops do, they would put them in a table and have them picnic. Yep, those are real edible gingerbread men!
Among the picnickers I managed to find a Lion King plush that I really wanted in my young years but that I never got because my mother couldn't afford it. He is now sitting in my desk.

So yes, charity shopping... true love.

No comments: