Wednesday, March 19, 2008

mister thirty-six, all that glitters is not as smooth as gold

Sequins, sequins, sequins. I love sequins. Sequin dresses, sequin leggings, sequin tops, sequin skirts, sequin jumpers... even sequin bras if I could find them. It would never fit in my heart that anybody could hate sequins. My world would crumble if I heard such vile words.

Yesterday I did. From the mouth of my bestest mate. It all started about me asking him how this formal party at his girlfriend's house went. He went straight to it: "It was good, except that Patricia was wearing a chastity belt". Upon further enquiry he ranted about how he wouldn't dare touch her for fear that her sequin dress would shred his sensible hands.
According to him, this isn't the first time he has encountered "the hostility of sequins". Apparently his prom date was such a case. My world did crumble... how could such pretty things as sequins be so hostile to the opposite sex??

On second thought... I considered how useful my sequin leggings will be when those wandering hands often found at cheesy student nights decide to wander beyond their boundaries.


No comments: