Saturday, April 19, 2008

£600 for a pair of dewy-eyes.

When I was little, my mother hung pictures of puppies, ducklings and kitties in my room. I really wish she had kept some of them because they were terribly cute... in a cheesy way. My favourite was a version of the painting Dogs Playing Cards where the grown dogs had been changed into puppies.

Today while browsing the charity shops I came across the following tray:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. This is exactly the kind of paintings my mum hung on my room. I know I'm supposed to abstain from shopping but at £2 how could I say no?? I'm gonna proceed to turn it into a proper frame and hang it on my room, to kinda feel more homesick and cosy at the same time.
But one of the things it also reminded me of was this tunic/dress by Paul and Joe that I drooled over at Harrods:

I mean, come on! How more cheesy-cute can that tiger cub get??? I really do think it looks amazing in real life, the colour of the silk is a bit creamier and that really makes the tiger pop. But at around £600 (or was it £300...?) I think I am abstaining and holding on to my puppy tray/frame.
Am also hoping nobody else's mother hung cute-cheesy puppy pictures in their rooms so nobody will buy the tunics and they will go on sale for like £80. But that's just the child in me hoping hopelessly.

No comments: