Sunday, April 20, 2008

ayayay steve madden!

Out had to come my spanish "ayayay dios mio!" when I laid eyes on the blatant copies of the Balenciaga FW07 shoe that Steve Madden has produced. Many complaints have been around the internets about the designer copying that sly Steve Madden has been up to. I never really thought much of it until my eyes settled on the "Bukled Bright Multi". A flamboyant bad copy it is, what with the awkward padding, weird dangling buckle on the back and just overall "hey, I'm better than nothing".
As if the poor shoe hadn't gone through enough suffering! I mean.. first came Beyonce who took all it's dignity away... and now this? I wanted these shoes badly when they came out, but with a £2000-ish tag (supposedly went down to £700?) ... I had to refrain. I still talked about them night and day to my friends. I would look over and over at it's pics on style.com... So, as much as I dislike the copy, there's a part of me listening to the SM shoe saying "oh come on babes, I ain't as good as Bal but I'm the only single guy left around and we all know you're lonely so gimme a try eh"....ayayay dios mio.

UPDATE:
"que carajo..?!" came out of my mouth when I found this abomination:

Balenciaga shoe, I know you must be going through some hard times, call me. Let's talk, let me hold you...

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

jajjaajja, good post!
Sorry but I really dislike the shoes... they're too much for me

Penny said...

That's why it would have been so special between me and the Balenciaga shoe... I love it in all it's uglyness. That is true love. jeje.